Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Cocoa Nib Crusted Rack of Lamb


Christmas dinner. I was originally going to use walnuts for this, but my walnuts were rancid. I eat nuts so infrequently that most of my nuts were rancid. I did have hazelnuts that were still in the shell, so I used those. From now on, I will only buy nuts in a shell!

1 1/2 lbs rack of lamb

Marinade:
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp Chocolate Balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp red wine
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp cinn
1/2 tsppaprika
1/2 tsp anise seeds
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cumin

Marinate over night.

Crust
3 Tbsp Cocoa Nibs
1 1/2 oz nuts
1 Tbsp coffee grounds
2 tsp cinn
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp anise seeds
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 Tbsp coconut oil

Combine all of the crust ingredients in a mini food processor. 

Sear marinated lamb on a grill using direct heat or in a cast iron pan. After the lamb is seared (about 5 mins on each side) then add the crust. Heat oven or grill to 400 degrees. If you're grilling, line an aluminum pan with aluminum foil and use indirect heat to roast lamb until desired temperature is reached. If using an oven put lamb in cast iron or roasting pan and roast until desired temperature is reached. If you like it rare, it's not going to take long at all. I wanted the crust to cook, so I let mine get to medium. I prefer my red meat rare, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment